Professional standards

How are arts therapies regulated?

Each of the therapies discussed here has its own professional organisation.  Therapists need to belong to the appropriate professional body and adhere to its code of practice in order to be accepted in employment as a therapist.  The Health Professionals Council HPC regulates these Arts Therapies.  Once qualified, art therapists, dramatherapists and music therapists must apply for state registration with the HPC before they can practise, they must also attend regular clinical supervision and maintain their continuing professional development CPD.